The Arc of Katy
Five Year Strategic Plan for Continuous Improvement
To Empower and enrich the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families
To provide opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities that enable each person to be included as a respected and active member of the community throughout their lifetime
Goal 1: Establish an administrative structure to effectively and efficiently support the operation of the organization
- Employ a full time Administrative Assistant
- Employ a full time Executive Director
- Employ Day Program Lead Teachers
Goal 2: Obtain a facility to support the operation of the organization
Goal 3: Provide a comprehensive range of programs that serve individuals at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary level.
- Increase the number of participants enrolled in the Day Program
- Expand Day Program to 5 days a week
- Expand the Day Program to serve participants with more significant disabilities
- Expand the Summer Camp to include middle school and elementary age students
- Implement an elementary after school program
- Implement a job training/vocational program for high school and adult age participants
- Implement a creative/fine arts program
- Implement a comprehensive professional development plan for program staff
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and training program
Goal 4: Increase The Arc of Katy membership
- Increase membership by 100% over the next five years
Goal 5: Develop a comprehensive communication system to inform members and the community about the services of The Arc of Katy.
- Utilize social media as an effective means of communication
- The Arc of Katy website
- The Arc of Katy Facebook page
- Publish a digital form of communication for dissemination to Arc and community members, businesses and schools.
- Establish a speakers’ bureau to share services and programs to community organizations
- Participate in organizational events to promote the programs and services of The Arc of Katy
Goal 6: Develop a comprehensive financial plan that supports the vision and mission of the organization
- Establish and maintain a budget development process
- Pursue grants that provide funding to organizations serving individuals with IDD
- Solicit funding from corporations, businesses, and community organizations
- Engage in fundraising activities to increase revenue for programs and services
Area: Board Development
Goal 7: Establish a Board of Directors that represents a cross section of members representing businesses, corporations, education, community, and family members that will provide oversight of the organization’s operation.
- Utilize speakers’ bureau, fundraising activities and social media and current Board members to recruit potential Board of Directors.
- Establish an Advisory Committee to provide input to the Board on program improvement and development.
- Establish memberships in clubs and organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc. to make connections with potential Board of Directors.