The Arc of Katy recognizes all who contributed to success of our 2019 Gala Celebrating Hometown Heroes – sponsors, underwriters, volunteers and guests.
“We appreciate all who helped make our 2019 Gala a great success,” said Fred Shafer, President of The Arc of Katy Board of Directors. “We met all of our objectives, raising funds to sustain our day program, summer camp and socials for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We also celebrated our Katy Area hometown heroes and others who help make this a great community.
Funds raised from the gala, about $80,000 net this year, will help The Arc of Katy sustain current programs as well as purchase a mini-bus and hire additional staff so programs can be expanded to accept more participants.
“The funds raised at the Gala and other contributions we receive throughout the year are critical to our ability to provide high quality, affordable programs that provide life skills development, social, community service, physical fitness and recreational opportunities for adults with IDD,” Shafer said. “The Hometown Hero program, which is a feature of our annual gala, is one way we recognize and give back to the Katy Area, showing our appreciation that the community welcomes our participants and supports inclusion of individuals with IDD as respected and active members of our community throughout their lifetime.”
The Arc of Katy was pleased to honor at our 2019 Gala:
* Suzette Steward Coates, Katy Area Hometown Hero for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities;
* Rusty Wylie, Chick-fil-A Katy, Katy Area Hometown Hero for A Great Place to Live;
* Rhonda Johnstone, The Arc of Katy 2019 Ann Davis Founders Award; and
* Dennis and Jeanne Ann Combrink, The Arc of Katy 2019 Volunteers of the Year.
The Arc of Katy also recognizes and thanks the following for support of The Gala:
* The Arc of Katy Benefactor – Kingsland Baptist Church
* The Arc of Katy Leader – Kroger
* The Arc of Katy Supporters – Frost Bank, Houston Methodist West Hospital, Katy Family YMCAs, Mac Haik Chevrolet, Members Choice Credit Union, and Lewis & Chakilla White
* Gala Underwriters – Amber’s Designs Fine Jewelry, Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More, Country Park Portraits, Curry & Co. Consulting, John & Jan Silliman, Petals by Design, Tide Dry Cleaners, The Entertainment Company, and Larry & Patricia Wright
* Friends of The Arc of Katy – Amy Campbell, Camp Journey Parents, Cherie & Ian Duddridge, Chick-fil-A Katy, Don & Ida Faye Elder, Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Community, Fred & Patti Shafer, Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, Margaret & Steve Laney, Mike & Therese Lattal, Pat & Tiffany Doucette, Prosperity Bank, Rose Schwartzel, State Representative John Zerwas, and Westside Chevrolet Katy
* Master of Ceremonies – Art Rascon, News Anchor for ABC/KTRK TV Houston
* Live Auctioneer – Glenn Beckendorff
* Entertainment — The Arc of Katy program participants, Taylor High School Jazz Ensemble, and D.J. Ed Madanio
* Volunteers – The Arc of Katy Program Board of Directors, Participants, Family Members and Staff; Katy Independent School District teachers; National Charity League
* Event Coordinator – Joni B’s Events