Nomination Instructions 2020 Katy Hometown Heroes Recognition by The Arc of Katy
The Arc of Katy is once again in 2020 honoring our hometown heroes to demonstrate our pride in our community by recognizing those who make this a great place to live for our program participants, our members and our families. Two individuals or organizations in the Katy area will be recognized in 2020, one in each of two categories described below. If you know of an individual or organization in the Katy area deserving of these special recognitions, please complete and return the nomination form no later than 5 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020.
- Hero for Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: This recognition will honor an individual or organization in the Katy area for serving our community in special education, life-long learning, advocacy or programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) or other special needs. The individual or organization recognized will be known as helping individuals with special needs to achieve, reach their full potential and be respected and included in their community.
- Hero for A Great Place to Live: This recognition will honor a member of the Katy area who through their service helps to enhance and advance Katy so that it is a great place for all to live and thrive.
All nominations should be 150 to 200 words in length and include the following information:
- Why you and others consider the nominee to be a hero
- How the nominee is a positive role model
- How the nominee is dedicated to public service; how the nominee works or volunteers in the community to help others
- How the nominee embodies the values of the Katy community (e.g., family values, community service, education, inclusion, etc.)
- How the nominee demonstrates leadership and courage
- How the nominee represents and supports diversity, inclusion and equity
Katy Hometown Heroes is presented by The Arc of Katy.
Katy Hometown Hero nominees must currently live or work in the Katy area. For purposes of this program, the Katy area will include unincorporated areas of Fort Bend County, Harris County and Waller County in Texas that are within the boundaries of the Katy Independent School District.
Nominations will be accepted through 5:00 p.m., Thursday, January 16, 2020.
All nominations will be considered, including those proposed by the selection committee.
The selection committee will meet and make their selections after January 16, 2020.
The Hometown Heroes will be recognized at The Arc of Katy 2020 Gala – Celebrating Katy Hometown Heroes, a fund-raising gala on Friday, April 3, 2020, benefiting programs and services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families.
The Arc of Katy is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization (tax exempt ID 76-0354104) that provides opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enable them to be included as respected and active members of their community throughout their lifetimes.